Senior Vice President
Caryn Sagal, Senior Vice President at Lawrence Howard & Associates (LH&A), has over 19 years of agency public relations experience. She has generated numerous broadcast interviews, feature articles and cover stories in the local, regional, national and trade media.
Along with writing and developing articles, marketing plans and collateral materials, she has managed campaigns for a diverse range of real estate, retail, non-profit, healthcare, entertainment, transportation and business-to-business clients.
In 2003, Baltimore Magazine named Sagal Best Flak (public relations professional) in its annual "Best of Baltimore" issue. Earlier in her career, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) -Maryland Chapter named her New Professional of the Year.
She also won a Gold Award from the International Association for Business Communicators-Harrisburg Chapter for leading a national marketing communications campaign to launch an automotive product. This involved the creation of training, promotional and sales materials, as well as the coordination of press conference/product rollout events - all resulting in strong product sales and widespread media coverage.
Sagal joined LH&A in 2001, after managing the Baltimore operations for a Harrisburg-based agency. Previously, she served as Senior Account Executive at a Towson-based firm. She began her career at an Owings-Mills-based agency during her final semesters at the University of Maryland-College Park, spending summers and winter break at the agency, and working from her dorm during the school year.
Using her PR savvy to benefit several non-profit organizations, she has served as:
- Publicity chair since 1998 (and 2007-2010 event co-chair) of the annual Chocolate Affair fundraiser originally benefiting the Center for Poverty Solutions and now benefiting Health Care for the Homeless
- Publicity chair (and 2000 event co-chair) for Literacy Works, Inc.'s annual BOOK BASH and celebrity author fundraisers, as well as ongoing publicist for the organization
- Publicity chair for the Alzheimer's Association-Greater Maryland Chapter's annual Memory Ball, Forget-Me-Not Gala, Memory Walk and A Toast to Remember fundraisers, as well as its African American Community Forum on Memory Loss
- Publicist for the 2010 South Baltimore Learning Center Masquerade Magic Gala and 2011 20th Anniversary Gala
- Publicist for the 2010 Art with a Heart Decade of Difference celebration
- Publicist for the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland's 2008 Gift of Life Gala, the 2009-2010 Kidney Walks and additional 2010 fundraisers: Rappel for Kidney Health and Santé: An Epicurean Adventure
- Publicist for the 2008 Paul's Place Night of Acoustic Jazz Concert and 2009 Touchdown for Pigtown Gala
- Publicist for the 2008 Shepherd's Table 25th Anniversary Celebration: A Tribute to American Acoustic Music
- Publicist for 2007 Black Tie & Blue Jeans Concert with Emmylou Harris benefiting United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland
- Publicist for the 2007 SHERO Celebration with Queen Latifah
- Publicist for Columbus Celebrations Inc. festivities in conjunction with Baltimore's Columbus Parade
- Past Board of Trustees member and Marketing & Communications Committee chair for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society-Maryland Chapter
- Past Education Committee Chair and Best in Maryland Awards Dinner Committee Member for PRSA-Maryland
- Past Professional Development Committee member for the Baltimore Public Relations Council
Graduating a semester early and Magna Cum Laude from the University of Maryland's College of Journalism, she ranked #1 in the College, receiving the Outstanding Public Relations Senior Award and the Kappa Tau Alpha National Journalism HonorSociety's Top Scholar Award. A member of seven national honor societies including Phi Beta Kappa, Sagal was named in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.